The story feeds feature on AccuEd Connect is a great way for users on your site to create stories, share posts, and stay in contact with each other. For someone to create a post a user must be in a channel, but only Admin can make channels and add users to channels. Below are instructions on how an admin can create channels for a site.
- Log in to your AccuEd Connect site.
- Once logged in, find the "Story Feeds" tab on the left-hand side. Click it.
- Once in "Story Feeds", look in the top right of the screen underneath the words Explore, you will find three options to click on: "Story Feeds", "Manage Channels", and "Moderate Channels".
- Select "Manage Channels".
- In the top right-hand corner, there will be a blue button that says "Create Channel".
- Click the "Create Channel" button.
- Once you have clicked the button, you will be prompted to fill out the channel name box and the description box for the channel.
- Once the channel has been made, locate the channel, and then click the three blue dots on the far right side of the screen located next to the desired channel.
- When the blue dots have been selected, you will be given 5 options: Edit, Manage Users, Manage Groups, Moderate Channels, and Delete.
- Select Manage Users.
- Once selected, click the box next to the users you want added to the channel. The box will turn blue with a white checkmark in the middle of it.
- Once all desired users have been selected, click the blue confirmed button on the bottom right-hand side of the screen.
- Your channel will be made.
Admins, please be sure to add yourself to channels as well. Only users and admins added to channels can view and create posts.